Think Outside the Tub: The Facial Steam
Summer is in full swing and as the temperatures continue to rise, your desire to slip into a hot bath may be dropping. Lucky for you, that doesn’t mean you have to put away the Bath Bombs. Those little balls of colorful comfort are actually extremely versatile! Like, did you know you can use them in a foot soak? Well, you can, and you definitely should! We also have a DIY detox face mask recipe that is a must try if you want help clearing out all the dirt and impurities that come with the summer heat. Today, however, we want to talk facial steaming! If you have never done a facial steam, today is the day! The benefits are through the roof and you will be left feeling so fresh and so freaking clean!
What exactly are the benefits you ask? For starters, the steam helps to draw out impurities such as bacteria and dirt from your pores. As you begin to sweat you will experience an increase in blood flow and improved circulation which is key to a glowing complexion. The aromatherapy effects will help to ease stress, release tension and improve your breathing. Plus, it’s hella moisturizing. So, if you are looking for supple, radiant skin, we definitely encourage you give our DIY Bath Bomb Facial Steam a try.
We recommend that you start with a Detoxifying Mask (like this one) or your favorite sheet mask to really amp up your self care experience and maximize all the benefits. Once you have finished your facial steam you will want to follow it up with a toner and a moisturizer. We are including two additional DIY recipes for our go-to all natural Green Tea Toner as well as our Cleopatra inspired Moisturizer. To really get the most out of this time we like to add in our Defynt Anti-Serum. This will help to lock in all those benefits while offering a boost of anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant packed goodness.
DIY Bath Bomb Facial Steam
- 1 Kush Queen Bath Bomb
- 3 Cups of Boiling Water
- 1 Large Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 12-16 oz mixing bowl
- 20+oz bowl for steaming
- 16 oz Mason Jar
- Cleansing Facial Wipe
- Large Towel
- You will want to start by pouring 1 cup of boiling water into a 12-16 oz mixing bowl. Add your bath bomb to the boiling water and let it fully dissolve. Once the bomb has fully dissolved you can transfer this mixture to a mason jar or storage container of your choice and shake well. This is a Concentrate and will allow for up to 4 Facial Steams.
- ( Alternatively you can purchase the Mini Sample Set and use a single mini bath bomb in place of the Concentrate.)
- In a 20 oz or Larger Bowl add in 2 cups of Boiling water plus ¼ cup of your Bath Bomb Concentrate(or a single mini bath bomb). Squeeze the Juice of 1 Orange and 1 Lemon into the bowl and stir well.
- Clean your face thoroughly with a Cleansing wipe or gentle soap.
- Grab your towel and drape it over your head while lowering your face to about 8-10 inches from the bowl.
- Take deep, intentional breaths as you relax and let the steam go to work for 8-10 minutes. Use the towel to gently pat your face dry.
- Follow up with our DIY Green Tea Toner, Defynt Anti-Serum and DIY Cleopatra Moisturizer.
DIY Green Tea Toner
2 Green Tea Bags
2 oz Boiling Water
3 Drops Frankincense
3 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
2 oz Glass Spray Bottle
- Steep 2 Green Tea Bags in 2 oz of boiling water for 5 minutes. Using a funnel, transfer the Green tea to your glass bottle and add in 3 oz Frankincense Essential Oil and 3 oz Sweet Orange Essential Oil. Shake well.
- Spray 3-4 full sprays onto your face and neck and let dry completely.
DIY Cleopatra Moisturizer
2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
2 oz Glass Bottle
Cotton Balls or Pads
- Add the Olive Oil + Essential oils to your glass bottle and shake well.
- Apply a dime sized amount evenly to clean dry skin using a cotton ball or pad.
[*It is important to note that over steaming can actually lead to more breakouts so we recommend that you keep each steam to under 10 minutes and avoid steaming more than once per week.]